19 Years of Risk Analysis Experience
Since 2002, Emerald Associates has been one of the only Authorized Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis implementer and certified training providers. We are a current member of Oracle University and have trained over 7000 students worldwide. Most importantly, Emerald Associates has a long and broad experience dealing in large project risk analysis including:
- The risk analysis of one of the largest CO2 collection project in the world
- A $2B major CAPEX project involving new technology - a complete evaluation of the risks from design to startup
- A Public Private Partnership (P3) project to evaluate cost and schedule risk for the contractor during the bid stage
- A Pharmaceutical company developing new products
- Multiple Plant Turnarounds for a large oil and gas company
- Commissioning and startup readiness risk for a large mine expansion
- A major new capital project incorporated into a plant during a turnaround. The mixing of cultures between capital projects and maintenance work was reflected in every aspect of the work and represented multiple threats. This analysis represented a challenge for diplomacy and human relations in the interview process.
- A new separator and upgrader development. At the time of our risk analysis, engineering was peaking, infrastructure was being built and site clearing had commenced. A notable feature of this study was the extreme pressure on engineering and construction resources and galloping cost escalation. Mitigation actions included various labour incentives.
- A new Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) plant. The engineering was at its height and piling is just starting. Our analysis was largely focused on the procurement and engineering processes that were intimately entwined and driving the construction process.
- Analysis of the risks for a nuclear generation facility restart project. There were many risks associated with the availability and condition of equipment for this plant which was 40 years old at the time and the possibility of hidden defects.
- A capital project that was running late and over budget where the owner and EPC disagreed about the best way to finish the project. Our analysis helped determine the most expedient path to the end of the project.
For more information on Primavera Risk Analysis software and Emerald's Risk Management Services please explore our website further.