Display information from Primavera P6 audit tables in a user-friendly format
- A web application that gives you better control of your P6 EPPM database
- Have the ability to effectively report on the changes to your database and the activity of all of your users
- Get data from database level records in easy-to-use pre-built reports for auditing, usage, licenses, etc.
Latest Version - Highlights
P6-Auditor is a tool built by Emerald Associates that displays information from Primavera P6 audit tables in a user-friendly format.
Easily display and export event reporting for audit tables. The data can be filtered and/or sorted in each column to quickly find what you are looking for.
Usage reports can be used to show if and where data is used and in what projects. Information can be filtered by project, data type and in each column of the page.
User information is provided in the User Activity Report module. User Activity, Active Sessions, License Usage and History may be analyzed
The information displayed in each module can be customized from what topics are shown to how many rows to what columns are displayed.
Layouts can be saved for use later so the user does not have to reset them every time they log in.
Primavera does an excellent job of auditing changes made to a P6 database and of tracking the users who are logging in and out of the P6 client or the API. Unfortunately, it is all contained in database level records and consuming that information and displaying it in a format that makes sense to a non-techie is a challenge.Imagine these 3 scenarios occurring in your P6 production system:
Scenario 1In a large database with multiple users:
- A resource goes missing which changes earned value calculations across hundreds of projects.
- A Global Activity code gets deleted which breaks many corporate standard layouts.
- A WBS or EPS node is moved and suddenly users can’t log into their projects.
- Someone can’t schedule a project because a new circular relationship was added.
- Key Global Layouts and filters are being changed.
- Is this just a training issue or is someone maliciously deleting information? Who needs more training? How can you tell?
Scenario 2In a large organization with multiple P6 databases, you are informed that Oracle wants to audit your P6 licenses:
- Which users are actually licensed to which databases?
- Are there non-active users who haven’t been using P6 in the past 30 days?
- How many times has each user logged in during the past 30 days?
- Who is connected to each database right now?
- If you have concurrent licenses, how many are being used at any one time?
Scenario 3You have a database that has been running reliably for a number of years. Over time, a lot of projects have been added and removed, and you need to clean the database up:
- You want to remove a Calendar, but which projects might be using it
- How is the activity code dictionary being used?
- Which roles and resources are assigned to each project?
- Is someone actually using that UDF?
Emerald Associates has developed a web application called the P6-Auditor, which can display the information from the P6 audit tables in a very user-friendly format. Event, Data Usage and User Activity are presented in a report format for quick data retrieval or the reports can be tailored with filters and column customization, without the assistance of a DBA. Layouts may also be saved by the user for later use.
P6-Auditor is one of the easiest tools to find what has been added, changed and/or deleted from your database, so you can determine when the event occurred and who triggered it; so you can effectively coach the user, as well as know how far back you need to go back to restore the altered data. Data Usage can be seen in the entire database or for specific projects for Codes, Calendars, Resources, Roles and UDF’s, helping you keep your global data clean. User Activity can be analyzed to determine who is using P6 so you can manage your licensing numbers and see who is currently logged in.
This tool gives you better control of your P6 EPPM database across your organization.
P6-Auditor saves a lot of time for not only users, but their DBA’s or IT support group. A user can self serve the retrieval of information from the audit tables and tailor the layout for their informational needs, which frees up support staff from running queries on the tables and creating a user readable file.