Automate Primavera P6 data loading and updating. Import and export data back and forth between Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel with ease.
- P6-Loader cloud enabled and Oracle Cloud Marketplace approved
- P6-Loader Blog - Tips, tricks and use cases on how we've automated P6 data entry
- Easily update Primavera P6 with data that exists in other locations
- Give contractors ready-to-load Excel templates to fill in
- Import and export global and project data with hierarchy and logic between Microsoft Excel and Primavera P6
Oracle Primavera P6® is a state of the art Enterprise Project Portfolio Management System designed to allow worldwide project teams to collaborate for the best project results. Giving your team access to load all of the necessary data into the system may not always be possible, and even when it is, the data entry process can be frustrating and time-consuming.
The Emerald P6-Loader is a flexible and secure solution that automates Primavera P6 data extraction, loading and updating. The P6-Loader gives project users and administrators the ability to import and export nearly every data element available in P6, allowing for the movement of data back and forth between Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel in a controlled manner.
The P6-Loader can create and update data in the Primavera database and allow users to manipulate data at both the project level and global level. With the P6-Loader, you can literally create an entire database in minutes. As a result, the P6-Loader goes above and beyond Primavera P6’s built-in Excel import & export functionality. The functionality in P6 is limited to the manipulation of 5 data elements and restricted to project level data that can only be moved one project at a time.
Emerald’s P6-Loader, developed by our team of Primavera specialists, can significantly accelerate Primavera P6 implementations, monthly statusing from multiple Primavera P6 systems, clean-up efforts and project updates. The user-friendly nature of the P6-Loader solution means that it can be used by any user without requiring database administrator knowledge or security privileges.
The P6-Loader Subscription Model
Since the introduction of version 4 of the P6-Loader, the licensing has changed. The new subscription-based model provides our clients with more flexibility, allowing them to take advantage of the P6-Loader for projects of any size or duration. The following packages give an idea of which subscription option is best suited for your company needs.
Please note that user and activity amounts listed are meant as guidelines except for the Stand Alone package.
For more information and pricing please contact us or complete an RFI form on the left of your screen.
*A record is defined as a single row of data generated in Microsoft Excel. Every row generated by an extraction is counted, and every row in a file that is uploaded into Primavera P6 is also counted as a record.
|P6 Users||1 computer||10||100||100+|
P6-Loader Software as a Service
For those interested in the P6-Loader but only need it for a specific task, or would like Emerald to help perform that task, please consider our Software as a Service packages that can cater to these short term needs.
|Migration||One Time||SaaS Access||EAI Input|
|Emerald Expert Input||x||x||x||✔|
Emerald staff does not visit a client without the P6-Loader. An automation tool that truly sells itself.
A sample of P6-Loader clients include:
- Kentz Canada
Oil & Gas
- Imperial Oil
- Husky Energy
- Imperial Oil
- Connecticut Light & Power
- San Diego Unified School District
Here is what a recent customer had to say:
Since incorporating the P6-Loader into our reporting system, we’ve streamlined our schedule updating process (for several projects) from what used to take several hours down to under an hour. Thanks to Emerald’s excellent on-site training and support in integrating it into our progress reporting system, productivity has increased significantly. I’m convinced this is the best software purchase we’ve ever made!
The modules included in the P6-Loader 6.0 are:
- User Info & Full Profiles
- EPS Spending/Benefit Plans
- Project/Activity Codes
- Cost Accounts & Financial Periods
- Unit of Measure/Currencies
- Funding Sources
- Notebook Topics/Notebooks
- WBS & Document Categories
- Risk Categories/Thresholds/Matrix
- Usage Sheets
- Project Spending/Benefit Plans
- Project Settings - EPPM Settings
- Baselines/Baseline Types
- Risks/Impacts/Response Plans & Actions
- Copy Template/Project
- Team Member/Unifier
- Logic - Predecessors/Successors
- Activity Feedback
- Activity Expenses
- Activity Steps
- Document Status
- Sheet Controllers
- Activity Code Roll Down
- XER Converter/XER Cleaner
- Run Job Services (Schedule/Level, Export, Create Baseline, Copy Project)
Resource & Roles
- Resource/Role Dictionary
- Resource Codes
- Resource/Role Teams
- Resource Assignments
- Assignments - Bucket Planning
- Assignments - Financial Periods
- P6-Loader Blog
Read about how we've automated Primavera P6 data entry
- P6 Loader Use Case Videos
Watch the P6-Loader solve some of our clients' most common problems
- New- P6-Loader Use Case Video: How to Easily Create & Populate User Defined Fields in Primavera P6
- P6-Loader Use Case Video: How To Easily Support P6 User Profiles
- P6-Loader Use Case Video: Set Up A New P6 Database In Minutes
- P6-Loader Use Case Video: How To Rework A WBS Structure
- P6 Loader Use Case Video: Uploading Primavera P6 Work Orders
- P6 Loader For Turnarounds