A Giant Leap To Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM 15.1
The latest version of Primavera P6 has been released, and despite many questions, we can confirm that Oracle has indeed jumped from P6 version 8.4 to 15.1. The reasoning behind the big jump is a new naming convention linking the version with the year of the release. As funny as it sounds, the ultimate plan behind the big jump is to actually try and avoid confusion. Aligning the version numbers to the year of their release is supposed to simplify things when it comes to integrating different Primavera products together.
With Primavera P6 EPPM 15.1 the new usability features are the biggest change and include:
- Resource bucket planning
- Import and export baselines for projects in XML format
- Cut, copy, and paste multiple projects
- Improved Gateway integration settings
- Improved Unifier integration capabilities
- Team Member task detail preferences
- Timesheets capabilities in P6 Mobile
- Separate modules for P6 Professional and Visualizer
We are happy to see the progress done on the P6 to Unifier integration. Users who manage their projects in P6 and their cost in Unifier can now track their cost and schedules more accurately. For more details on the new features, Oracle has published a What’s New in P6 EPPM Release 15.1 PDF document. Please visit our blog to learn more about what's new in P6 EPPM 15.1 and the new release of Unifier 15.1.